Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Mother's Day Granola

Happy late Mother's Day to all of the wonderful mothers I know! Above is a picture of the Mother's Day present I gave to my mother. This was actually Martha Stewart's idea...she says granola is a great idea for a present because you can personalize it! and I did! I put cashews in instead of walnuts, because cashews are my mom's favorite. The recipe I used was pretty easy and SO tasty! Kelly tried to convince me to only give my mom 1 of the bags, but instead I just made him his own batch a few days later.
My Mother's Day was great! Kelly made his famous french toast, I got a very nice frame with 3 spaces, one for each of the kids, and I didn't have to make OR clean up dinner! Thanks Kelly and kids for a wonderful day!

1 comment:

Ditto Family said...

This sure does look delicious! I haven't made granola for a looong time. Maybe I should add it to my list of "nesting" activities.