Sunday, July 6, 2008

We made it!

Well, we survived the move! Although, I don't recommend three days in a car with 3 children- We did learn our lesson by the 1st evening and separated Addison and Laynie...and that made all the difference in my sanity!! But overall, they both did very well given the circumstances. Hailey wins the prize though. She was an angel through the whole trip!
Thank goodness we were "upgraded" to a 26 foot truck!! Kelly ordered a 17 footer, and I think we would have had to say good-bye to a few (or a lot) of our possessions if we had the shorter one! They seem huge until you try to pack your life inside, and suddenly they aren't so big!
Thanks to all of our friends who helped us pack!! and to everyone who was able to come say good-bye. We miss you already!! But we are excited for our new adventures in Spokane. Hopefully I'll have a post soon with pictures of our new house that we have yet to find!


4 comments:

paws said...

Glad to hear you made it there safely. That is one HUGE truck! Who got to drive it?

Campbell Family said...

I'm so glad you guys made it. You were in our thoughts. I got some of the details from your mom yesterday, so I at least knew that you were alive!

Ditto Family said...

Oh my, I would be scared to death to drive that thing. Good thing for the Ditto boys that have had lots of experience dragging boats behind a big suburban.

Can't wait for the house news! I'm sure you are anxious to find your next dream home.

And I am truly impressed that you made it across country in three days with three children under the age five. Crazy!!!

mollykucuk said...

Welcome back home to Washington! Would you believe that I'm actually in Spokane right now, too? But only for about 12 hours. I have my first big hearing in court in Coeur d'Alene tomorrow morning. Hopefully it'll go well. The good news is that I'll probably have to come back for trial, and then I can come and make a visit to you all. :) Can't wait to meet Hailey in person. Love, m