Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Another Room done....almost....

Kelly was in California training a new guy, so I thought I'd surprise him with a new bathroom!! (Okay let's be honest, it was all for me!) Anyway, I scoured my picture libraries hoping to find a picture of this room BEFORE it was beautiful, but no such luck! and why didn't I remember to take one for the before and after shots? I guess I had too much to think about playing single mom AND home-remodeler all at once! So, for those of you who never saw this bathroom, it had a sink that the Jr. High must have given away for free, leaky pipes, a dingy-off white paint on the walls (no bead-board of course!!), a towel bar that fell to the ground every time it was touched, and the UGLIEST light fixture I have ever seen! So now I love it- and I say it is done...almost...because I'd still like to do the floor; any more trips out-of-town babe?
This is the picture and saying I chose for the wall...I have to admit Addison and Laynie were bummed that it wasn't their face in the frame, but I just couldn't get over this smile!

10 comments:

David and Amanda said...

Annie! I love it and I am so impressed with your home-makeover-skills! Question: How do you get your kids to not peel off the vinyl lettering...my kids have peeled off everything? I'm too afraid to add more!

Campbell Family said...

Love the vinyl! Such a cute phase. Maybe I'll have to still that one. . .
How did you do the beadboard? I want it in my bathroom upstairs, but don't even know where to start.

byoung said...

looks good fanny-i really like the green color and the bead board! so now when i visit i won't make the towel bar fall off the wall??
love ya

Ditto Family said...

Looks even better in person!!!

So a little project going on this weekend??

Tiffany said...

wow!! you never cease to amaze me!! too bad i wasn't there to help!! love the color and the beadboard was a really nice touch. my fav, of course, is the smiley picture!! too cute

jaime said...

It looks amazing Annie! Love the colors and the new sink is awesome! Love it!!

mollykucuk said...

love it! can you please bring your crew over to my place? i'll entertain the kiddos while you make plans to make my house cute cute cute. :) sadly, i am not gifted in the make-over skills dept!

Amanda Davis said...

Love the room make over! I love the song on the wall too! Primary gives us lots of sweet things to say and think about! I miss it greatly!!! :( You amaze me I need my husband for make overs like that! I can paint or put up new curtains (if there is already a bar to hang them on) But not a whole lot more then that when it comes to home repair. He is the man. I guess I should just be lucky I have a man that is as handy as he is!

tania said...

You really do have a talent for decorating. This is GREAT!!! I love the colors!

Okay, so totally off topic I wanted to tell you that some friends of ours live in Spokane...Conrad and Shelli Abrams. If you happen to run in to them tell them hi! They are AWESOME!

Amy & Greg said...

Darling! I love that vinyl! and the picture too.