Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Christmas Cheer!

Only 10 little days til' Christmas and we're real excited at the Ditto House!

Addison visited with Santa at the ward party and told him he wanted a stuffed T-Rex ? okay, that's the first I've heard of that...

I'm pretty sure Laynie told Santa she wanted a Barbie...no problem :)

Last night we decorated ginger bread houses...trying to keep up with Pickett tradition. Grannie came over and showed us all up!!- Some took it very seriously (Kelly!)...

Addison decorated a plate (?)

Laynie decorated 1 WHOLE side before getting bored with it!

And Hailey tried to be sneaky...

But mostly just ate the whole time :)

And our Houses turned out lovely!


My hand however, not so lovely!! I was reading a mom's idea about using melted sugar to stick the houses together instead of icing, and I thought that sounded like a great idea! It worked pretty good too, until I dripped melted sugar across my fingers!- And I must be on self-destruct mode because today, while playing with Hailey, I ran forehead-first into the door jam! It looked like something was growing on my head the bump was so big!- Good thing we took Christmas pictures LAST week!

4 comments:

Leah said...

I love that sneaky look on Hailey's face. Kids are so funny.

byoung said...

ouch-that looks horrible, icing may be messy, but it doesn't hurt!!

The Ditto clan said...

ouch..that looks painful. Looks like you had a fun time though!

jaime said...

Love the gingerbread houses! I have a kit and maybe we'll get to that today!

Hope your finger feels better... that's a nasty one! Yikes!

Merry Christmas to you all!