Sunday, March 9, 2008

AND THE WINNER IS....

Sorry it has taken longer than expected to post the winner of my little contest...I tried most all of the recipes, unless they were already a part of my normal repertoire, or if they included nutella on a hamburger bun (sorry Nick). So, with votes from me and the family, the winner is...DEENA DITTO!! for her delicious recipe of sweet and sour meatballs. She was one that sent an email, so I will post her recipe now for everyone to try. Look for your package in the mail Deena, and thanks everybody for the GREAT ideas and YUMMY recipes!!
Sweet n' Sour Meatballs
3 eggs
1 med. onion, chopped
1 1/2 c. dry bread crumbs
1 tsp salt
2 lbs ground beef
2 tbsp vegetable oil
Sauce: 3 1/2 c. tomato juice
1 c. packed brown sugar
10 gingersnaps, crushed
1/4 c. white vinegar
1 tsp onion salt
In a bowl combine eggs, onion, bread crumbs and salt. Mix in ground beef. Shape into meatballs and brown in oil. (I just brown the outsides because they'll be cooking in the oven) Transfer to a 9x13 pan. In a saucepan combine the sauce ingredients. Bring to a boil until everything is dissolved. Pour over meatballs. Bake uncovered at 350 for 40-45 minutes. Serve over rice or mashed potatoes.

3 comments:

The Ditto clan said...

I am honored...I will be waiting anxiously!
Missed you this weekend! Next time we see you it will be with a new little munchkin!

todd & nicole said...

That looks so good. I can't wait to try it.

Ditto Family said...

Okay, so when to you add the crushed gingersnaps?

Kelly mentioned this weekend that Deena's meatballs had been a favorite. I'm going to have to try these.

We missed you this weekend!!