Monday, August 11, 2008

Blessings in Disguise...

Last week Kelly went to leave for work and had a flat tire! After struggling with the wedged-on tire, and ruining his shirt...he decided to follow my advice and just take the van that day! The kids and I walked to the park and were fine with no car for a day. At about 4:30 Kelly called me from the side of the road...the transmission had DIED and he was stranded. WOW, bad day for Kelly, and it seemed like a horrible thing had just happened! But as I thought about it more, it really was a blessing that Kelly had taken the van that day and not me and 3 kids!! What would I have done if I were the one stranded on the side of the road??! We all know how often I DON"T carry my cell phone with me...and even if I would have had it, who would I have called? I would have been at the mercy of strangers!! As it was, Kelly had his nifty phone+internet-thingy and was able to call a tow truck, a transmission place, me, Logan, etc. So I am grateful for the flat tire that made Kelly take the van that died on the side of the road...and for other small miracles that happen every day!

3 comments:

Ditto Family said...

What a positive way to look at an all around bummer of a situation!

So what is the car update?

kyleyetter said...

Dang Fords!!! Don't ya know FORD stands for Found On Road Dead? ;o) (I hear those comments from technicians ALL the time) That is really good that it happened to Kelly.

Hope you guys are enjoying WA!!

S&F Seminario said...

I'm sorry but you have the CUTEST kids and your genes are so strong because they look so much like you so of course they are adorable.
My cousin just moved to Spokane. I hope you love it there. I will tell her to look for you. CONGRATS on everything!