Friday, October 17, 2008

Making Progress...

We have been super busy trying to make our house a home...only a few of our spaces are cute so far...but it's only been a week, so I think we're doing okay. The picture above is the girls' room...even though I haven't put Hailey's bed in yet, that is the plan! The color of the walls turned out cute and of course I used vinyl to make it super cutsie!

This is the mantle that will be so fun to decorate at the holidays...and then I'll have to figure out what to do with it when it's not a holiday!

Kelly just put up new blinds in the living room last night and they look so good! What a difference from the dingy yellow, skinny bali blinds that were up before! Now I have to decide whether or not to hang my curtains!

The dining room isn't totally done, we have new blinds for this room and we want to put some vinyl around our big clock too... maybe "time doth softly swiftly glide, when there's love at home." Anyone have any other ideas? BUT, the table was a total steal, I got it at a place that sells the old costco stuff that doesn't sell. It was 40% off of $189!! And that's WITH the 4 chairs!! As we were loading it up, the saleman said "you got a hell of a deal on this table." Yes I did, thank you.

14 comments:

Alexis said...

I am so excited for you guys! What a big move, and you are decorating so cute. I've thought about putting something about my clock too, but I've been blank... so I'll be curious to see what you put up. Good luck with the rest of the house.

The Ditto clan said...

Everything looks so cute, can't wait to see it in person!

the Harris Family said...

Cute house Annie!! I have the "time doth softly swiftly glide..." vinyl around my clock (in UT), loved it, and now can't get it here in AZ. How much do you charge for one of those?

Amberli said...

oh the house looks so great! i'm so happy for your sweet little family!

paws said...

That mantle is fantastic! Very cute.

Anonymous said...

Annie and Kelly- your home looks so good. I love the girls room...makes me want to paint! Tav

Jen said...

Your house is totally cute! I love what you've done. It all looks so nice!

Anonymous said...

Glad you're having fun decorating. It's so nice to make it your own comfortable, warm space. Everything looks sooo great, although I knew it would... your place here was really cute too! :)

And I vote yes to the vinyl around the clock and no to the curtains in the living room... the blinds are really nice (good job Kelly) and you have really nice trim around your windows too! Just my opinion though! :)

Can't wait to see more pics! :)

The Bevans said...

I think you've already done more in a week with your house than I have in 2 years! It is beautiful! you've done a great job.

Myersville said...

Yea, I liked this one the best. So glad everything is working out for you guys. We are expecting #2 in jan so we are on the hunt for baby furniture since we borrowed all our families in UT.
have fun

Campbell Family said...

What a cute home! Thanks for the pictures. It's fun to see where you're at now that we can't come and see you!

Shanda said...

Your home is beautiful! You are such a great decorator! Wow!!! Nice find on the table! I love moments like that!

Rodger said...

The house looks GREAT! Can't wait to see it in person some day. Dad

Amanda Davis said...

The house looks great!