Saturday, May 16, 2009

All Things Random...

This week I got really "ambitious" as Kelly would say, and sewed some new curtains for my kitchen. Actually, I'm embarrassed that it took me until now to get new curtains because the ones left behind by the seller of our house were NOT CUTE. I found myself staring at them this week thinking, why are those still on my windows?? So, a trip to JoAnn's and a whirl at my sewing machine fixed that problem!! I also put up this quote by Benjamin Franklin which I LOVE! "Dost thou love life? Then do not squander time, for that's the stuff life's made of!" Amen to that, and such a great reminder!

Oh Hailey, can you be any cuter? Hailey has a new trick...she shakes her little finger as if to say "no, no, no." She does it to Kelly when he's teasing her or trying to steal kisses. We all laugh when she does it, and then she smiles an "I'm so proud of myself" smile.

For those of you who have not been to our house yet, this is our back yard!! I couldn't love it more! It is a little boy's dream come true! WELL, about three weeks ago when there wasn't as much foliage (great word huh?) I saw a BOBCAT on the hill!! My own husband didn't really believe me, let alone the neighbor who has lived here for 6 years and never seen anything like that. So, this week there is a knock on my door from the woman who lives just above us on top of the hill. Her cat had gone missing, so she was exploring on the hill and guess what she saw...THE BOBCAT! I think she was basically asking my permission to call Animal Control and see if they would remove the bobcat to a better environment (so her OTHER cat won't go missing too!) Being the animal lover that I am (right!) I assured her that I thought her call would definitely be in the bobcat's best interest :)

In other randoms thoughts: I was missing Pennsylvania and the Amish Produce auctions today when I went to buy a few flowers...even on sale they broke my little bank! I used to LOAD my yard with all kids of good stuff for practically nothing!
I just cut out THIS vinyl project for a new friend, I was real excited about it until I started "weeding" it (pulling the extra vinyl away from the graphic) it was my toughest project yet, but it did look super cute on her little girl's wall!!
Over all it was a good week, Kelly and Addison are on the Father-Son camp out tonight and I have a little alone-time...which is WEIRD, but also kind of nice! So I'm off to read a book or fall asleep...which ever comes first!

4 comments:

Ditto Family said...

What a great week you have had indeed! That does look like a terrible "weeding" project. Your saying is perfect, your curtains are adorable, and the bobcat is a bit scary.

Anonymous said...

i love that flower vinyl! So cute!

Anonymous said...

I said the above comment...Heather From PA. Speaking of flowers. i got too much from the area! Any amount you bought will be beautiful! Your backyard is full of purple flowers!

Tiffany said...

Can't wait 'til your back in PA!! It will be SO much FUN!!