Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Elder Bednar Visits!!

 Hola this week was so very good indeeeed. The highlight of course was riding a 3 hour bus again, seeing Elder Bednar came close though. It was the best, I loved it so much. Big news our district got to more missionaries!! And of course they are hermanas. So now it's us and 6 hermanas.


Monday- pday. Arguably the worst pday I had yet :( it's ok though. I'm cool with just kinda rolling with what the hermanas tell me to do. Haha.

Tuesdayyy- Exchanges, actually a hype day I was with Elder Servin, he's dope. He taught me a tonnnnnn honestly. So I'm excited to apply the new principles to my work. He's bitter sweet though cause he's kinda a hog like with the phone and the teaching but it's good.


Wednesday- Hopped on a wicked double decker micro and zoomed to Mendoza. Hopped on another hour ride bus to the apartment we stayed at. Reunited with a stud Elder Homer, (he came in with me). We chatted and then hit the hay. That night was miserable though cause they had extra mattresses but no extra blankets so at like 3 I woke up freezing (weird, I know but Mendoza is less hot than Juanyyy) so I went to go find a blanket and Elder Homer had this blanket that looks like a tortilla like a circle and everything, it's tiny but worked out all right.


Jueves!!- Woke up went and bought some food for breaky. Whipped up some fire Milanesa sammiessss. Got all dressed up in our suits and hopped on another hour long bus to the church. We got there reunited with all the bros, especially Draughon and Kastner. Capos. Then we sat in our seats and listened to prelude. Then everyone stands up and ELDER BEDNAR walks in (right past me too) so hype. He gave the most fire talk/Q&A sesh ever. We left and got sent to the offices to reset our phones and so I got to talk to a lot of missionaries for a long time. We got home at like 10:15 and I was out of my mind starving. Ate and hopped in bed. Elder Jofre and Yost used the curtains as blankets that night :)


Friday- Longest day of my life woke up, hopped on another hour long bus. Bought our tickets for the micro. It was late so we waited 2 hours. Rode the bus. Took a 30 minute bus to the apartment. Had a lesson and got a new. Good day.


Saturday- Back to the Grind. We taught Javier, and it was awesome we put him on date for April 2nd and taught him about tithing. He's so willing and said that he'd follow it. I love Javier so much and especially cause he says so many GOOD questions (not stupid ones like Jesus drank wine why can't we?) So we answer his questions as well as teach him, he's so ready and so elect.

Sunday- Good Church. Slow day not much happened. I fried some chicken nugs though and that was yummy.
 

Elder Bednar talked about so many things but my favorite was acting in faith. Jesus requires we act before he blesses us. He talked about the children of Israel and how they were walking into the water before Jesus parted the sea. "Their feet were wet" we need to walk into the water before he can part it. All his words were amazing but that is what stuck out to me the most.

Absolutely smacking week, very fun and very spiritual.

No comments: