Monday, November 15, 2021

First talk in Spanish

 This week was a good week, not as good as last week but still good. 


-My comp was sick Wed and Thurs so we had to stay home and that sucked megaly. But we played a ton of football cause we couldn't do anything else, and that's how I decided to be a D1 QB.
-My front tire on my bike went flat this week so I had to fix that.
that.
-I gave a talk in church yesterday which was insanely scary but people told me I did good. 
-Seagulls ate my fries. But it's fine I got new fries.

Tuesday- At morning ball me and elder Arce beat Elder Chavez And elder Gray which was awesome, elder Gray was so mad though haha. Zone conference was on Tuesday and it was so cool. I loved it, it was spiritual and super fun and the lunch was so good. In the evening we went to a member's house and I swear she could be a general authority. One thing she said was "Gratitude is the conversion of the soul" I liked that a ton.

Wednesday- Elder Chavez woke up sick so we played 3 man ball while he slept in the foyer. We made some calls and I read like a hundred chapters of the Book of Mormon (which is like the coolest book ever)(make sure to read it if you haven't yet, or haven't in a long time). Went to lunch and got paid again. We played insane amounts of football. We had to go get tested for Covid which was bummy, and we had to quarantine until we got the results.


Thursday- Balled in the morning. Quarantined for the whole morning played more basketball and football. The Willy's (the family who's guest house we're staying in) got a baby cow so that's super cool. Then we got the negative results but Elder Chavez couldn't go out until he didn't fell sick anymore so Elder Arce was very kind and let me go to soccer night with elder Gray which was so fun but I'm crazy bad at soccer and all these Mexican boys are insane with their indoor soccer shoes and crazy sick moves haha. So I sat out a lot to let them play and talked to Hermana Steed who is super nice.

Friday- Elder Chavez felt better so we actually did missionary work. We woke up and me and elder Gray went to the track at the high school (He's running for BYU when he gets back so he's mega fast) I ran a few miles and kicked a 10 yd field goal so that was sick. 


Saturday- We did regular missionary things and then for dinner we went to Wendy's, (and the car in front of us gave twenty dollars to the cashier for us so that's awesome) my bike had a flat front tire so I kept having to fill it up until I got the new one, but right in front of the house the bag caught the tire a ripped and my fries went everywhere I kinda salvaged everything else. I didn't have to pick up the fries though, I just let the seagulls chow down. But I went back to get my bike and the garbage and this couple came up to me and started talking to me and then they told me they would go and get me something from Wendy's!!! And so they got me large fries and another burger so I guess it worked out haha. Then we went and I gave another Spanish lesson to some members, which I think went alright. Then went to Rodolfo's house and they said they would COME TO CHURCH!

Sunday- They did not come to church :( 
I woke up and started writing my talk in Spanish and then we had 2 meetings over zoom. Then we were gonna get a ride from elder Brammer but they lost the keys to their car oops so a member gave us a ride. I gave my heat talk and I think it went not bad then we went home ate lunch and played a little pass. Last night my comp was on one or something I don't know but it was weird he didn't say a single word to me all night haha. I had to do what uncle Todd told me to do, just be super nice and not get mad (shootout Todd for the g
ood advice). It was hard though cause I'd be like ok cool where we going now? No answer. Should we go here? No answer haha. Whatever you do you I guess. Then we got home and I started doing cleaning while whipping up Straight flaming mac and cheese (my man Tacen Cobb knows what's up)(someone make sure he sees this please) but I was going ham doing dishes washing the stove just cleaning so good quick break to eat the fire mac and cheese and then BOOM where back to cleaning. The house looks insane now so that's very good. Elder Arce and Elder Gray were glad I cleaned. 

Good week, thanks for reading! I can't wait to continue the mission. Also Argentina is looking really good, lots of missionaries are getting to go so I think I'll be there within like 3 months or so... we'll see. 

No comments: