Monday, November 15, 2021

Testimonies and Halloween

 Welcome to the email. I hope you all had a fantastic Halloween. Mine wasn't too bad, it was pretty good. This was a very nice and good week. A few disappointing moments but overall good.

- Had one of the most Spiritual experiences of my life. (see Thursday)
- I whipped up some fire Annie Ditto breakfast for the guys.
-  We found a few new people finally so that's exciting!
- My bike broke AGAIN. INSANE.

Monday- I think this was my favorite P-day yet, we started out by going golfing at like 8:30. I'm very bad at golf but I improved a lot throughout the day, I even got par on one of the holes! Driving the golf cart was super fun, I loved it more than the actual golfing. Then we went to a restaurant which was good. Then we went to our district activity and played some chair soccer, some football, some basketball, and some card games. It was tons of fun, we have a super fun district too so that's good. Even though I am terrible at soccer, I'm trying to get better so when I go to Argentina I don't get destroyed by the Argentinian kids haha. Then sadly I had to get my hair shaved because I told E. Bethea that if he got E. Draughon do it, I would too...and dang, elder Draughon did it! Then we went home and I got to talk to my family, so awesome! I love hearing about them and their lives. I talked to Laynie for like an hour so that was super fun.

Tuesday- I played so good in ball I made like 4 threes and a ton of layups we smashed elder Gray and elder Chavez. Then I made my fire smoothie (thanks mom the boys loved it) We went to the Library while E. Chavez did college things I had a fire personal study. Then we had dinner at the house and went out to find we had a good lesson with some members and then we went to this one house but she wasn't there but her niece was and so we're teaching her on Friday- so that's super cool. 

Wednesday- I balled horribly, very bad :(  I finished Alma and it was awesome! Then we went to lunch and got paid for again. Every Wednesday and Friday the ZL's give us a challenge, so Wednesday's was to give out as many Books of Mormon as we could and *holy cow* did we crush that challenge, we gave out 7! Every single one we had left! And we found 3 new Latino contacts! I'm so excited because last week was slow and we're finally finding people!

Thursday- Holy cow. What a day.
We had district council and our District leader had an amazing lesson idea. Last week we talked about what our biggest doubt would be if we were not members. I said that I think mine would probably be the first vision, then he challenged us to research it and come back and give a lesson on it as if we were teaching ourselves. (Best idea he's ever had.)
But I went into that like "well I believe the first vision is true, so it'll be easy." I started the lesson and as soon as I got to when he went to the sacred grove... I lost it. My eyes started tearing up and a I couldn't talk. I didn't understand why,...I believed it, I knew the story...but the Spirt was so strong. I looked around and all the Hermanas were crying, and most of the Elders too. When I finished my lesson I no longer believed it,  I Knew It. It had never occurred to me that I didn't know it was true...I thought it was true, I was pretty sure it was. Now I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet and did see Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father. And to think I gained this testimony because I was teaching, and not listening. Crazy what 3 weeks devoting all your time to Christ will do to your testimony. 
The rest of the day was great. Helaman 5 is like my new favorite chapter in the Book of Mormon. We got some solid contacts in and set up a lesson with a lady who we met my first day but haven't been able to meet with her yet.

Friday- I whipped up some fire authentic Spokane Annie Ditto breakfast, pancakes and smoothie, the guys loved it so thanks mom! Then I did some fire study and finished Helaman. It boggles my mind how wicked the Nephites were even after the signs that Samuel the Lamanite gave. Then we ate some pizza for lunch. We had a lesson a 7 with a girl we met who is super cool, we invited the hermanas over YSA because she's 20. We knocked and no one answered and then we went to a members house for a little and we went back and she was there! She works nights so she sleeps a lot of the day. But we scheduled to go back on Saturday. 


Saturday- Kinda a bummy day, we had to go home at 6:30 and stay there so that was necessarily the most fun haha. But we had some good studies. Sadly both our lessons fell through :( but we learned that there is another Latino family living in their basement- he was cool to talk to, but he isn't interested. Then we talked to some cool guys at the golf course. We went home ate dinner and stayed home for the night. Played a little poker too.

Sunday- Happy Halloween. Mine was alright we got some candy from members so that was nice. Then we did some finding but everyone was doing stuff with their families so it was kinda hard, but we did find a new couple and I'm praying they will actually show up to meetings. We had to go home at 6:30 again but we played a little football and I got to call the family so that was nice.
Me and my guy Leo

No comments: