Sunday, November 14, 2021

The Beginning

 So I'm now in the 4th week of MTC and it's wild. I can't believe I leave for 2 years in a few weeks, its very crazy. Classes are getting harder and more boring so that's not ideal, however I do feel like I'm learning a ton. I've started to notice these crazy moments, where I won't be paying as much attention as I should be but I'll understand what she's saying in Spanish, so that's happened to me a few times and it's weird because to understand I used to have to give 100% focus just on the words but now it's less than that. We're learning more and more rules and grammar things now which are tricky to remember but I feel like I'm doing pretty well.

My very own MTC sign!

 I've be able to go to the temple 3 times now and it's fantastic, It's such a different feeling when I walk out and see my mom sitting in the celestial room I try to be all cool about it but I can't help but smile. I get to go back next week to and I'm so excited about that. 

Me and the district are still getting along great so that's really good. A few times a night week make someone the spotlight, where they make a Kahoot about themselves and we play it and them ask them a bunch of questions. It's super fun and a great way to get to know each other. I wish I got to meet them in person before the mission SO BAD. But it'll be a party after the mission. The funniest thing I've heard all week was when we were talking about opening our mission calls and if we cried or not and Elder Bledsoe told us that he was tearing up and could barley talk and over zoom his dad goes "Why aren't you reading it!" That made me laugh really hard. We've been doing lessons with our teachers pretending to be investigators, those have been crazy luckily for me I have the GOAT Companion who is a genius and so at first it was scary and our teacher told us how we needed to improve but since the first one we've been doing really good. Me and my companion we're talking and we thought that is a good thing that our Spanish is really basic so when we explain it to people it'll make more sense then in English cause we know less big hard words. I've noticed such a crazy difference in my Spanish it's incredible. I'm so thankful for the gift of tongues and the brain God gave me.

 I said Adios to one of my favorite people this week, my cousin Jacob left for the MTC on Tuesday and after that he goes to Fresno California. Me and my cousin George went to the airport to say bye but missed him bye like 2 minutes! ¡Muy triste! I'll miss Jacob a ton, we've so many memories together, he's been such a great influence on me. 

George and I were actually too late to say goodbye to Jacob at the airport- Dang it!!

The covid numbers in Argentina are going down a lot they're at the lowest 7 day average since like May of 2020 so that's good I'm hoping and praying for them to open on October 1st! I cant wait to get to Layton and start my mission.


Me and Elder Blake at the temple!


Missing a few people from the picture that were in the temple with us, the Cobbs, Tay and Leeland, and Bishop Richardson...such a great group of family and friends!




No comments: