Monday, November 22, 2021

Hello Elder Payne!



This was po
ssibly the most exciting week so far! It was transfers so I said "adios" to Elder Chavez and said hello to... Elder Payne! He rocks we are grinding hard. One kind of silly thing is that my Spanish is better than his (haha/oh no). PERO I've been clutching up and so has the gift of tongues. 

Goody Highlights
-New comp is a G, we do GOOD work.
-I LEAD MY FIRST NON-MEMBER LESSON IN SPANISH. Insane.
-We met an Ultra Cool guy that gave us some deer and elk meat, very yummy.
-We came back the next morning and did some service for him and I got to play with their grandsons and they are so cute and funny!
- Daniel watched sacrament meeting on zoom! (He couldn't come in person this time but next week him and his wife will come).
-I won rookie of the year according to the Zl's!!

Lunes- Hype P-day, Hermana Risenmay volunteered me to host a district breakfast. Luckily it was good and we had an awesome time I of course whipped up fire pancakes and quality smoothie. I spent the evening with Elder Rose who was super cool, I loved getting to know him. We were together because his comp was also going home so my comp and his comp went to leaving interviews and dinner together and we did the work, we met an awesome member family and they gave us Pink milk! (Strawberry milk). It was super fun.

District Breakfast!

Elder Rose and me

Tuesday- TRANSFER DAY! We zoomed to the mission office and dropped silly Elder Chavez off. There was an elder there that was supposed to be going to his apartment or something with another Elder but he left so he didn't have a companion, so Sister Daich (a senior missionary) volunteered me to go with him haha. It was good his name is Elder Watson and he is a solid guy. We went home and then dropped off elder Draughon at his apt. (Very sad I super miss Elder Draughon) Then we zOOmED to a nicely BBQ place and it was indeed yummy. Then my sICk new comp came and it was ultra hype cause Elder Bringhurst and his comp dropped him off and Bringhurst is a G, we met on the plane and he's dope. We then had a great rest of our day, we had a sweet lesson with Hermana Piets and it was awesome.
Some of my favs! Elder Backman and Elder Roland!

My new comp- Elder Payne!

MiƩrcoles- Wow. Mega day. So I knew this day was coming, cause we meet with the Torres family every Wednesday so I was hype but also super scared because they solomente speak Spanish. So I prayed hard for the gift of tongues and luckily it went good! We taught the plan of Salvation and it was super awesome I asked them how they felt about it after and the wife told us it was "Muy Bonita" (Very beautiful) The lesson was about 95% in Spanish and I did about 85% of the teaching- so really, what's up!, Spanish is simple and I'm already fluent so ha, send me to Argentina already geez lueez! We then had a nice member lesson with the Picahardo family and it was super good. We talked a ton about temples. We also talked about why we are called to difficult callings.


Jueves- Bummy day.

Viernes- Zone conference day. It was a good zone con, we had a good time. I love to see other missionaries! It was super good we talked about joy and (my mother is going to flip over this one) Positive Thoughts! It was a very good time. I got to see a ton of buddies and it was awesome.  Unfortunately the night was less great, we spent a lot of time trying to find, but almost nothing really came out of it :(

Saturday- Woke up and exercised, then we went straight to the house we were at on Friday night to do some yard work. About half way through I started playing with their little Grandsons (Jack, who's 7 and Luca, who's 4) but it got a little out of hand and no matter how hard I tried I couldn't get back to raking because they would keep playing and if I stood still they would get me with their swords and stuff haha. But we finished the job and it was super fun. Then later we knocked on this one presumably Spanish speaking door and he was a member, we did some service for him and then he showed us his sick '06 Corvette! That night we met some members from Honduras and the DR but they don't go to our ward so kind of lame.


Cool car- Lincoln would love it!

Domingo- Pretty good day we gave Daniel the Zoom link and so he watched it, sadly his wife wasn't feeling good that night so they cancelled our lesson, we are going to meet with him on Wednesday. Then we talked to an English bishop and he gave us a lot of names and addresses where Spanish speakers live!

T'was a solid week and everything is mega good. However I'm still seeing a lack in emails being sent to me so thank you to everyone that did, but I'm going to need all of you to do better.

No comments: