Thursday, February 3, 2022

ARGENTINA!!

 Well, this week was pretty boring, not a lot happened but I guess I´ll write an email anyway. I guess the only interesting thing is that I made it to Argentina, but besides that nothing really happened. Bwahaha, I am in my original mission assignment!!! It's insane down here I hope this email isn't too long but it will be. My favorite part are the keys, they are soooooo cool looking.

Monday- Stupid last p-day, we were quarantined and so I couldn´t see the gang. Muy Triste.

Tuesday-Solid, I think I can't really remember but it was probably a good day.

Wednesday- Last day in Utah so it was insane, we got to go the Temple, so I loved that, I'll miss the temple a ton. Then I said adios to lots of amazing people which is never easy but I'm glad I saw them before I left. The Diaz family took us out to dinner at a Chinese place that was indeed quite yummy. Then as I was packing some other missionaries came and said bye. Muy triste but it's ok.

Thursday- Pretty boring day. I woke up and made sure everything was good, then said adios to the Chillers in the Chill House, indeed another sad moment. Then I zoomed to the Airport, ALL MY PAPERWORK WAS GOOD! So that was a huge sigh of relief. I was walking around the airport when I met some other Missionaries who were super dope, we ate some Café Rio which was much needed, and then we awaited the departure of our plane. We hopped on and zoomed to Atlanta, very wild flight we played this like find the object game together on the T.Vs and that was fun. I flew with two bros, Elders Ross and Kastner, both hecka cool dudes. We landed and we got some garbage McDonalds, (don't get airport mikeyD's(it's so bad)) then while waiting we played cover your assets with a couple Hermanas that were also waiting to fly to Argentina, so that was fun. Then we hopped on our 10 hour flight to Buenos Aires, Argentina. Indeed it was a long flight but we made it kinda fun. We played some loser, cover your assets, ate airplane food that was actually pretty good, got about 2.87 hours of sleep, woke up to a nice egg sammy, saw the light in the firmament appear, and then we couldn't resist so we watched movie trailers with no sound, (we determined it wasn't apostate). 


Friday- So when we landed we got our luggage, we were all flipping out cause we were in Argentina, they let us in the country just fine (I was hecka worried about that). Then we waited for rides. This is where it gets hecka whack, so I was with 5 other Mendoza lads, but they took 4 of us and then we went to a hotel, for like 4 hours then they brought us back to the airport, I KNOW very silly. but we got to walk around the streets a little, and took a quicky nap, then they gave us some quite yummy lunch, one of the Elders texted his brother who served in Cordoba, and he said it would probably be the best meal we'd eat for our entire missions haha. Then we zoomed back to the airport and hopped on a plane to Mendoza (this all sounds a lot easier than it was, people here talk a different kind of Spanish, I know that sounds basic but it's simply facts). We landed in Argentina, met the AP's, President and Sister Judd, then hopped on a bus to some zone leader's house to stay.  We had a grand old time playing some card games, and such. Then we went to bed and it is quite hot there, luckily I was tired as a mug so I fell asleep pretty fast.


Saturday- Woke up and hopped in some whippin taxi's who drive so insane it's wild, but made it to the mission office, I don't want to brag but I paid all the taxi's and then sent them on their way. We had a good meeting with the office missionaries, the AP's and President and Sister Judd. Then I saw Draughon!!!! and met my new comp, Elder Bartholomew who's a stud, and we eat some heat empanadas for lunch, and then zoomed to the area, our pension is so sick, its crazy like half the things are broken, it's insane. We went out for a little and then went shopping right quick and then kinda chilled and he taught me about the area. I was also crazy tired and fell asleep pretty fast.


Sunday- Zoomed to church, insane they asked me to bare my testimony so that was insanely insane and then some teenagers basically made fun of me so that kinda felt bad, but I met some dope members and they were super nice. Everyone complemented my Spanish (I know, hard to believe) so that was kinda nice. Then we just did missionary work for the rest of the day. I couldn't go to sleep though I was so unrealistically hot but finally fell asleep. Every morning I wake up with my bed like 100 degrees celsius, which I think is very hot. Oh and found out I´m in the same district as Draughon!!!!!! From ULM to Mendoza!


Pues, a pretty crazy week, I´m hype to be in Argentina, and can't wait to continue the work. Don't worry mom I'm safe, there is clean drinking water, and good healthy food. Thank you for reading about my insane journeys, if 'm missing anyone, tell me and I'll add em. I miss you all a ton!! especially the ULM guys. (and my family of course)

No comments: