Monday, February 28, 2022

Welcome home in San Juan

 Hola, this week was, as you can imagine, quite insane! haha. But also quite good, my new district and zone are, not gonna cap, way better, so much more energy and hype, so that's been awesome! I'm in a district with 2 other companionships, both hermanas, so they call it a sistrict haha. It's fun, they're all super good missionaries.


This week felt like 100 años long haha because Monday and Tuesday I was just waiting for Wednesday to come and then it's been crazy since then.

Monday- Last p-day with the district, we went to the mission office to get Elder Nelson cause we were a trio for a few days, said bye to some capos, namely Elder Draughon but I'm confident we'll be comps eventually so I'm not to worried about it. Then we had a pretty good p-day got some basketball in, grabbed some lunch, played soccer which I'm the worst at, so that was less fun, but pretty good.

Tuesday- This was like the longest day of my life, we went to Dorego to work in Elder Nelson's area, and it was pretty good but I was just wanting to go to San Juany.

Wednesday- Ohhhh shoot... Got a quick study in and then zoomed to the mission office and met Elder Ovejero, he's a capo. We had to chill at the office for a while because our bus to Juany didn't leave until 4, so we hung out, had some Mickey D's which is way better here like pretty good actually. We played some cards and it was so funny the natives wrote the "key to the cards" jack=11 queen=12 king=13 ace=14, it was so funny me and the other Americans were dying. We went to the terminal and hopped on a sick double decker bus that said San Juan on it so that was awesome, took a nice siesta. Met a few missionaries, and went to the pension. Wow the pensión is good, way WAY better than my last one so that's nice. We ordered some food which was quite good, and the ZL's stayed the night which was also pretty awesome cause they're cool dudes. 

Thursday- Pretty good day kinda just got settled in, just got some good work done too. I was heck dazed that night though I was like man what am I doing I have no clue what's going on I'm not ready, you know all that stuff- but it's gotten way better.


Friday- Very good day, exactly what I needed. We had a lesson with Javier who is awesome, and we were talking to him and then WAM we taught the gospel of Jesus Christ. D&C 33:10 says "Yea, open your mouths and they shall be filled, saying: Repent, repent, and prepare ye the way of the Lord, and make his paths straight; for the kingdom of heaven is at hand;" That's definitely facts because I didn't know what I was going to say and especially in Spanish but the Holy Ghost filled my mouth and we gave a fire lesson!


Saturday- Another solid day, we had a virtual lesson with the Hermanas and that was good except he started smoking right in the middle of it. I was like dawg for real, whatever it was funny haha. 

Domingo- Heat, church was good, the Benavidez Ward is SO hype, everyone's so tight and it's just amazing, fast and testimony meeting was fire like half the ward went up and it was so cool. I bore my testimony and I think I did alright for Spanish. 

Good week my companion is awesome and my district is awesome so that makes my job easy. But I love it here, San Juan is ultra pretty, there's mountains in like a full 180⁰ view so it's wicked. I'm so hype for today and this Transfer!! 






No comments: