Thursday, February 3, 2022

Fernando gets Baptized and More Exciting News!










 Yeah haha so, good week but!!! We got the transfer board on Saturday Night (Por que transfers are tomorrow) and well not only am I being transferred but I'm also training a brand new native Missionary, and if that isn't enough, I'm also going to be the district leader. So yeah not quite sure who approved that, considering I don't speak Spanish but it should be fun I guess.



Monday- Nice nice P-day, we finally got a pump, so we got to play some football, I've been waiting for ever for that. We went out to lunch, pretty fire but kinda expensive.

Tuesday- We had District council, that was good. While we were in the chapel, it started dumping rain, like straight buckets at a time and so that was sick.

Wednesday- solid day, lots for waiting for dumb busses.

Thursday- Also pretty good day.

Friday- We taught David again, he's awesome. He's very elect, so this lesson we planned to put him on date. We've been talking to him a lot about repentance, but more about faith. Faith is the first principle of the gospel, it's the first thing we need before anything else. He always asks us to pray for him that his faith will grow, and that's great, but faith is just like anything else, if you want it to grow you need to practice it. How do I practice/grow my faith? I think the thing that helps most is doing the things that are hard, to show god you really care about his gospel and are willing to make sacrifices for him. Another great way is to study, and learn more about the gospel of Jesus Christ. David's desire to grow his faith is a righteous desire and I can't wait to see him get baped Feb 26.

Saturday- Fernando was Baptized!! Such an awesome experience, Fernando's situation is like a dream situation for the missionaries. He has the best possible fellowshipers, and his family is super supportive! Both his parents came to his baptism! It was awesome to see Fernando make his first covenant with god. Elder Kastner came to the bappy, and that was awesome, he's one of the missionaries that flew out with me, and we were just laughing and laughing we had such a good time.




Sunday- We went to church in Bermejo so we left at like 7:30, David met us on the way and he came to church with us. The members were so insanely awesome, like every single person came up and gave him a fist bump and talked to him for a second. Member relationships are one of the most important things a interested person needs. So if you ever see a new person at church (especially if they're with the missionaries) please go say hi and make them feel welcome and loved.

T'was a good week full of craziness and awesomeness. I hope you all have been having a great time. Its cooling down a little here so that's nice, but I'm going to San Juan on Wednesday and apparently that's like the hottest place on the planet cause everytime I tell members they flip their lids (Oh San Juan mucho calor oh mucho mucho calor!!!) Haha so that should be fun. As nervous as I am to train and be DL I'm super excited, I can't wait to get there. Hope you all have a wonderful week!

No comments: